Saturday, September 13, 2008

RILEY has arrived!!!!

Here are a few pictures to start with. The first one is the nurse prepping me for surgery, you know the I.V., blood pressure, temperature etc. It was so cool we were able to watch the C-section being done on the big screen TV they had in the operating room. It was like watching a medical show on TV. When they pulled her out of my stomach it was the most amazing thing. Apparantly we were the first ones to be able to watch a delivery that way.


Here is little Riley minutes after being born. She weighed in at 8lbs 15 ozs and was 21" long. We call her our little runt as the other kids were 9lbs 15ozs, 23" and 9lbs 14ozs, 22" long.

Here is proud papa tending to his newest little one while they finished up with me in the O.R.
I look a little rough here but I guess that is to be expected after giving birth, right?

Here is a close up of our newest little angel RILEY MARIE GUNDRUM.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

What a precious little girl! Congratulations!!!

And I gotta say, I'm a little jealous that you got to watch the surgery on the monitor... I asked to watched all of mine, and they said they wouldn't do that... so I guess with the new hospital (perfect timing for you, eh?!) they have all the new gizmos and gadgets. That is almost enough to make me want to go for a fourth!!!!

Jen S. said...

(Sarah - you beat me, seeing how you were up later than me... I had peeked at Patti's blog before heading to bed myself!)

Riley Marie - what a precious little bundle you are!!!! And so small compared to Madison and Wyatt! I can't wait to meet you later on today! :)

Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

hi mommy